Friday, January 9, 2009

The Traffic Bermuda Triangle of Utah

Ok so today I start to drive to work about 8:40 it normally takes me 30 minutes to get there give or take a few minutes depending on weather and all.. well
Today I walked into my desk at 10:15...

Why?? because From the point of the mountain south till Orem is the Bermuda triangle of Insane and non-stop traffic problems. Really more accidents occur in that area I fear than the rest of the world!

From the point till thanksgiving point going ok then suddenly everyone is slowing down and stopping why? a single car (crunched) sitting in the 3rd lane in no one in it and no police around it to let other cars know its there. How many fender benders did this cause? 2 i saw to pairs of cars pulled over to the side with backend and front ends matching the dents.

Then I see another couple cars paired along as we continue to crawl towards Lehi... then comes the fun, I move to the HOV lane since I figure the truckers moving there know more than I do. Well they did... there was at least 1-5 more cars all crunched in various lanes and on the should leading to the area right before the Lehi Flour Mills exit where there was 2 cars crunched then 2 Semis off in a ditch one's back end connected to the second semis front end then another 6 cars in varous states of Crunch. So I figure yea we are done with the accidents .... nope because right then in front of me (moved to the slow lane at this time) another couple of cars are crunched. after that I can go freeway speeds to american fork where suddenly the traffic stops again. I get of at the next exit and go the back roads to work.

Now that was an insane drive to work.

Right now still working on the test rack getting finalized then I have to post our new build and I think that is it for the days schedule.

chow for now!

2 comments:

  1. WOw sounds like a lot of fun, glad I only live 2 minutes from work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you know why I hate driving on the freeways!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete