Monday, February 9, 2009

HAM Radio Class... and no i am not a GEEK!

Ok so Thursday and Friday night from 6- 10 I was at a Ham radio Class for the Technician License. Saturday morning from 9-11 as well.. Very interesting information and I guess good to know incase of emergencies :)

Well I have lik 6 computers and a ham radio is not high on my list of purchases for the coming months so don't see me getting on the air soon besides I need to take the test and pass it for my license.

Any way Sitting in this class I realize this is a completely differen breed of GEEK and they have their own secret lingo as well as geekish ways. They talk about towers and Contests on contacting as many other stations as possible and bouncing off the ionosphere to Japan like its normal stuff... So I say again I am not a geek!

No comments:

Post a Comment