Wednesday, February 18, 2009

CrockPot cooking and TV marathons

OK first, Diana has proven I am not bad influence on her, as by her posts...
I have introduced her to Mozerella Cheetos and yes THAI food!...

Ok so recently I have learned the ease of using a CROCKPOT.

I also have learned the wonderful use of Slow Cooker Liners By Reynolds!!!!
Reynolds Slow Cooker Liners

I use one of these in my crock pot before adding the food and clean up is seconds!

so here is my best attempt yet:
Flank Steak
Potatoes,
Onions
Garlic
Carrots (baby Carrots)
A bit of WorchesterShire Sauce (liberally applied)
RUDY's BBQ sauce!!!
Sea Salt
Fresh Ground Pepper

Now its easy to put together
First thaw the Flank Steak
Wash it
open it up on a Paper Plate Cut diagonal Cuts across the grain of meat on both sides (do it because my mom does it)
salt and pepper both sides
Chop up an onion not too big a chunks or to your liking
Chop up 5 cloves of Garlic (use powder)
Put the onions and the garlic on the bottom of the lined Crockpot and salt and pepper them
chop up the potatoes drop them in (salt and Pepper)
dump a bunch of the baby carrots in the pot next
NOW drizzle a bit of the WhorchesterShire sauce on the vegetables
lay the Flank steak on top of the veggies and pour enough BBQ sauce on to cover then flip and do it to the other side.

Now the tricky part LOL
turn on the crock pot to HIGH for 45 minutes
after that turn it down to low and let it cook for 8 hours.

YUMMY YUMMY!

now as to my life not much going on, preparing my presentation for the conference in Vegas next month, working on studying to get my HAM Technicican license and wondering where i will come up with a HAM RADIO :)

CHOW FOR NOW!

3 comments:

  1. I'm very impressed! you are now a better cook than me

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have tons of good crock pot recipes, Its the best way to cook:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Juanita any time you want to come down on a Sunday for a crockpot meal let me know! I do a meal each sunday and eat the left overs for the rest of the week

    ReplyDelete