Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Pasts and memories

Last night the University of Percussion Ensemble had a 30 year anniversary concert, celebrating Doug Wolf's 30 years there teaching.

Many of the Evening proceedings focused on the ensemble throughout his career which I was a student in one form or another of his for almost a decade of them.

Video Courtesy of KSL.com



The music was excellent, and the post event party was fun... got to hook up with some old friends.. and yes I am a terrible friend as I don't really keep up with them..

A few in attendance were:
Mary Murdock
Margo Watts (don't know married name)
Ardean Watts
Pat Campbell
Dan Chamberland and his wife Gloria
Larry Edvalson
Kelly Wallis (with no long hair)
Kenny Hodges
George Brown
Jay Lawrence
Brian Booth (who knows me as Poot from my year there in 79)
Dan Lewis
Darren Dabell (nasty)
Garna Chew (aka Alex Brothers)
JD
Jill Elliot and Hubby and kids
Bonnie Gwilliam and her kids
Miranda
Glen Rose
Heath Wolf
Chase Culp
Kent Seegmiller (siggy)
and more who I apologize if I don't remember their names.

One of the highlights were a few videos they played between muscial numbers of television news clips regarding the ensemble and its various events yes the one from 87 was most embarassing!

one Video was from Performances at the various venues:
St. Louis, Ending of West Side Story
Chicago Diabolic Variations
LA Diabolic Variations
Crystal Cathedral Stained Glass

A couple of the peices they played last night caught my ear and my interest:

Stubernic
Which you can see here:


well its not the same as the player last night but gives you an idea of how fun this piece is.

2 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure I caught you in two clips...one in shorts and the other adjusting your suspenders.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud of you for going! it was the right thing to do.

    ReplyDelete